I thought I'd probably put out a list on things I am or have been working on. Unfortunately most of those things are or have been produced in German. Sorry guys (and girls)!
What I do
- I am twittering using the name @wuenschelroot
- About 7-8 years ago a friend of mine an me started the German tech bog codingcave.de which is soon to become a real startup I am thrilled about the products we are going to bring out there. Unfortunately our server's down at the moment because our hoster is reliable as f***.
- On Facebook I can be found under the name Pascalos Gigantos
- I'm helping Pablo Miró, an Argentinian singer/songwriter organize his gigs and build his website with a friend.
- I am currently using the great Freeletics.com app. I failed miserably following it for more than a year but I'm trying to get back into the process.
- Some running + I try to get my 10k steps every day
- For meditating I use the great app by headspace.com. It helped me overcome me sleep problems and I always turn it on when I am in a particular bad mood. It really helps me a lot throughout the day.
- I ride a motor bike even though I have to admit that I don't really have much time to spent on it. Nevertheless the work at calimoto allows me to sneak in a trip on my daily commute every now and then.
- hanging out with friend playing board games and Magic the Gathering. If anyone is interested in my most preferred ones, just reach out to me on twitter or via Mail ;)
- nerding off on science and computer stuff.
- visiting the Chaos Computer Club in Berlin once in a while and going to Chaos Communication Congress are definitely two important things I want to do more often.
- building up electronic circuits especially the ones that make me have fancy lighting effects in my room.
- I regularly listen to podcasts. Probably I will put them down on this list later on too.
- I've been working at calimoto, a cool gps navigation app and social network, since April 2017
- I'm busy building flexilesson, a website that focuses on teaching German as a language.
- Another idea the Codingcave team is working on....
Obviously I have a LinkedIn-Profile
WHat I've Done
Most of the things I quit have been done for a span of 1-4 years.
In my childhood I've been playing with filming and taking photos a lot. Both of which still bring me a lot of joy and I guess with the new things I produce they are still important but it's not like I would just film stuff for the sake of doing it anymore.
Since 5th grade I have been creating websites for me and I guess some of this will still happen during my work at codingcave.de
I did start multiple Twitch/Youtube Channels and a Podcast, none of which lasted more than a few months.
Let me first dump in all the sports things I have done or tried out:
- handball (2 years)
- football/soccer (2years)
- rugby (3 times)
- chess (probably not really part of the health division. Or would it count as meditation?)
- flying a glider (only 2 or three times since I ran out of time that year. Would probably be worth pursuing it another time.)
- rowing (I did this for 7 years and still enjoy to get out on the lake once in a while)
- table tennis (2 years)
- badminton (2-3 years)
- archery (2 weeks)
- swimming (4 years)
- Thai Chi (2 times)
- Karate (2 years)
I guess I won't include the different books and rules I've followed over the years. The books can be found on the "What I've read" page anyways.
- Finished my A-levels in 2011
- Finished my Bachelor of Science in Physics TU Berlin in 2015
- wrote my bachelor thesis on "Numerical studies on the expansions of super bubbles with RAMSES GPU"
- worked at simpletechs a nice little start up in Berlin for 3 months in 2015
- finished my Master's Degree in Physics at TU Berlin in March 2017. The code I wrote for my thesis can be found here.
- Started working as an iOS developer and Java backend developer at calimoto in April 2017.